Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Celebrating Valentine's Day


I was so touched by this story, taken from Oprah.com-I can only pray that one day I can be as devoted to my husband.

Showing Love on Valentine's Day
"I am writing to share with you how my father shares his love with my mother every day. His name is Warren, and he is an 88-year-old World War II veteran and the primary caregiver of my mother, who suffers from Parkinson's disease. Every morning, he gets her up, washes her face and gives her three kisses to start her day. He then prepares her breakfast and assists with feeding her. He carefully administers her many medications with the attention to detail of an accounting clerk (his former profession.) He does the laundry, cleans their house and buys the groceries, usually returning with a bouquet of flowers and a stuffed animal to brighten her day.

They have been married for 56 years and demonstrate on a daily basis what true love is all about. For my father, and the many elderly caregivers out there, Valentine's Day is every day."

— Judy of Highland Village, Texas

All I can say is "Wow."

No comments: