Pages

Friday, February 6, 2009

Art Attack!


Due to little hiccups in my life-i.e. new jobs,kids and horses, I took about a two year hiatus from one of my very favorite things to do in my free time; painting. (I know most of you are chuckling to yourselves right about now-anyone who really knows me knows I have very little time to spare for anything)

At any rate, while doing research for my new website, I came across an exhibition that I would like to participate in through the Adams County Art Council. Okay all you artists out there, here's your chance! Entry deadline is Friday, April 17th and the exhibition will be at Schmucker Art Gallery, Gettysurg College, from June 19-July 11, 2009. The awards are nothing to sneeze at: Best of Show is $1,000. Second prize is $750 and Third is $500.00. You can pick up an entry form at www.adamsarts.org or call 717-334-5006 for more information.


You are viewing the picture which is the start of my inspiration. What will be yours? Now is the perfect time to get inspired-through something as simple as an everyday activity, like a still life of a favorite object in your home, or a view from the car window as you go about your daily errands. Maybe a scene on the battlefield-I always thought it would be neat to paint a picture of one of the many monuments in an abstract or fauve style. I would love to hear what you are considering. Stay tuned for updates on my progress-I am thinking of using a mixed media approach-getting out my machine embellisher and some hand dyed wool roving and interesting textured fibers. Maybe throwing in a little velvet and some silk. Just talking about it gets my imagination going!

For those of you who want to try your hand on a smaller scale, The Historic Gettysburg Adams County Barn Preservation Project is once again looking for photographers and artists who would like to exhibit their original two or three dimensional artwork of Adams County Barns. The show will be held from June 18th to June 21st, 2009 as part of the Gettysburg Arts Festival-"Celebrating America". For Questions and more info about the BarnArt Exhibit, call 717-337-2839 or email jpyle@superpa.net. Entries must be postmarked no later than May 23rd 2009and should be addressed to HGAC BarnArt Show, PO Box 4611, Gettysburg, PA 17325.

No comments: