Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Progress So Far


Here is the painting of Teddy so far.....you will probably notice I cropped the picture and removed the other subjects.....I am still working on it and probably will be for weeks to come-I am continuing to fool with the color of the background and the textures in the field, but I feel like I managed to capture this guy's personality in some small way.

It has been almost two years since I have been painting, so for me, this is a HUGE accomplishement. For some reason, I have been fancying yellow-I guess I have been missing the sunshine alot. I realize there are other horses in the original picture, but don't feel brave enough yet to tackle size proportions; I like this better as a "single horse portrait" anyway. Still a loooong way to go, but thought you might enjoy a peek.

Painting is a funny thing; I am so used to running in twenty different directions all the time and for a while I am actually sitting in one place with a focused mind-which for me is not so easy to do. It forces me to reflect on a lot of stuff going on in my life, both good and bad. And, while alot of artists have some music playing for background inspiration, I happened to have my radio tuned to NPR. It wasn't very inspiring-I listened to the British BBC broadcasting about the terrible fires in Australia. All I could think about were all those poor people.

Since I don't know how to transition gracefully from that to another topic, I guess I will just say I am going to make a concerted effort moving forward to be thankful for everything in my life; good and bad.

No comments: