Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Think Spring


For me, Spring is a time of renewal. I usually take this time to go around my home and take stock of everything that survived the harsh winter and see what might need a little "lift".
This year I felt like a little curb appeal was in order. Our front door is one of the first things to catch people's eye on their drive past our home. I often get teased that I change the color of our door as often as one changes their underwear. I hope that's not the case; its been about a year and a half since I have done anything.
This go-round I was inspired to paint my door a cheerful yellow. After completing my project, I was a little bit concerned about how bright it was. I was thinking an easy solution to the problem would be to switch out my door crown over the front entrance to balance it out; I set out to search for the perfect thing on Etsy.com. Lo and behold, I discovered a wonderful little shop where this incredibly talented gal creates one of a kind works of art with real flowers.

I am so enamoured with Kathryn's things that I just had to order something! She is the kindest person and is fashioning me a custom door knob similar to the one pictured above. She is extremely accommodating and its plain to see-a very gifted artist. You will want one of everything when you visit her shop. I've decided this is what I was looking for to complete my look. I love decorating my home with special treasures; it is approximately 1100 square feet and there is obviously limited space. I have made a rule to only bring in those things to our house that are essential; its easy to see this is something that we can't live without!
I invite you to visit Kathryn at her shop, www.botanicalcreations.etsy.com. I can't think of a better way to usher in Spring! Who wouldn't love a nosegay of flowers greeting their hand at the door?

No comments: