Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gettysburg's Oldest Family and "Dear Diary: I Almost Electrocuted My Horse Today"

I love scouring the net for all kinds of useful (and sometimes not so useful) information to share with you. One of my favorite sites to visit is Emmitsburg.net where there are some amazing discoveries if you like reading up on the people, places and things that preceded us as well as the local happenings going on now.

Here's a fascinating read about Gettysburg's oldest family here written by James H. Allison, M. D..

While you are at it, don't forget to visit the article archives on the left hand side of the Emmitsburg.net site and peruse some of the articles written by Michael Hillman. He has a wonderful, engaging style and I promise you will love his stories, especially if you are a fan of horses. Not surprisingly, he is the creator of Emmitsburg.net. as well as the owner of Windy Meadow Farm together with his wife, Audrey. After reading some of Michael's stories about farm life, I found myself chuckling and feeling an immediate connection. Being a horse owner myself I can relate to every single one of his experiences. If I had to choose one to share with you it would have to be"Dear Diary: I Almost Electrocuted My Horse Today."

I can almost guarantee a smile afterwards.

No comments: