Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

A challenge for you & a gorgeous September sky


I just started a new position today at a PA cyber charter school-its a very cool organization-one of the perks is being able to work mostly from a home office. I am so impressed and its only the first day! One of the master teachers giving the orientation this afternoon asked me to write my own personal "mission statement" for my new position. I wanted to share it with you:

"It is my wish.... to make a positive difference in each child's life I have the privilege of being a part of. I want to help students realize their goals using inspiration, creativity and help them to realize that someone cares, and that they are capable of wonderful things if they are willing to work hard."

Putting this together really challenged and inspired me. And, as I said to someone else-while it might not sound very original, it comes from the heart.

This week my challenge to you is to write your own mission statement-I believe this really helps to keep a focus on what you feel is important in your own life and helps you to stay on track when things seem to get a little crazy. Tuck it away in a drawer somewhere and pull it out occasionally to read. It might just be the thing you need to get yourself motivated.

No comments: