Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Because Sometimes Things Just Get A Little Crazy

I don't know about anyone else, but the past couple of days have just been nuts. I feel like I haven't had a minute to just sit and breathe. Between back to school shopping for the girls, playdates, doctor's & dental appointments and family stuff, I wonder if summer is really the "slow down" season I remember it to be when I was young.

I feel like I am always rushing,rushing,rushing and it frazzles me. I worry that the girls will pick up on this, and what effect it will have on them later. Last night I was reminded that I need to put my life in better perspective-I have gotten too caught up in things that just won't matter in a hundred years. I was on my way over to pick up the girls from a friends' house and was running late as usual. Its funny how the timing can be just so perfect sometimes. (And, before I share this, please accept my apologies for not being able to embed this video on my site because Youtube removed this convenient little feature for whatever reason.) I just had to share the most timely, heartwarming,incredibly gut-wrenching yet wonderful, wake-up-to-reality-song that the radio decided to play just for my benefit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ySSg4QG8g

(you will have to cut and paste this, I am so sorry, but I promise it is well worth it!!!!!!)

After tearing up for a half an hour afterwards-(hey, I'm a girl, its my perrogative) I knew I wanted to share this with you today. It is my wish for you as you go about your day that you will look at things just a little differently the next time you start to stress. And remember, someone out there loves you very much!

No comments: