Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Diving Horses of Atlantic City


I was doing some last minute shopping the week before Christmas at the Friends of the Gettysburg Library. I believe this is one of the best kept secrets in Adams County for gently used books. I was very excited because I got my hands on a copy of "Letters to Mamie" by Dwight Eisenhower for my dad, as well as a books for my daughters-one of which was about something which I had never heard of before-the diving horses of Atlantic City's Steel Pier. I thought it was a fictitious story, but after doing some digging around on the internet, I found out some very interesting things. I found an amateur clip explaining this in greater detail-my advice while viewing the video is to use the mute button (so you don't have to listen to the music) and overlook the misspelled words:
It is pretty amazing!

No comments: