Pages

Friday, March 26, 2010

Why I Love My Horse So Much


My friend sent me a link to the Parelli website; she said "You need to read this page - this is what I've been trying to teach you to do with your horse and what I've learned to do over the years. It will greatly help you understand and build your relationship with your horse better."

One of the interesting things on this site was how to figure out your horse's personality. Horsenality is the proper term. I found out Dancer is a left brain extrovert. Click here to see how I arrived at this conclusion.

As I continued perusing, something else caught my eye and struck a chord. It was a description of just how special the relationship between a horse and a human can be."It's about more than just the horse, it really dips into the personal development side of things. You learn about yourself, you learn about communication, about leadership, about truthfulness, about consequence and responsibility. You learn about love and imagination. The horse becomes the animal that tells you the truth about yourself in all these categories." (Thanks to Linda Parelli for this!)

Coincidentally, this week, I penned the first in a series of monthly musings for the Emmitsburg News Journal that will share my ongoing trials, tribulations and high points with Dancer as well as witty observations about my life, my kids and anything else I fancy. (okay, don't roll your eyes, lol.) It occurred to me that what had taken me about two weeks and 1500 words to describe in my article, Linda had just eloquently and artfully captured in a few insightful sentences.. But, alas, with my tales, you do get the bonus of getting to know me and my family just a bit better. I always find it fascinating to occasionally have a glimpse into other people's lives; I am awestruck by the human psyche; why people do the things they do, what drives them... My husband often suggests that I might have been a good case study for Carl Jung, himself. But then again, any one could be, right? We are all really such incredibly complex creatures, are we not?

I have so much to share about so many things-I hope you can follow me as I skip around incessantly! I promise to keep it as upbeat and as fun as humanly possible.....Now go out there and figure out your horse's personality! Or just go grab any horse and try it. On second thought, well, that might not be such a good idea......remember the saying, don't try this at home? I wonder if the Horsenality thing would work on dogs or babies?

No comments: