Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

November 11, 2009-Community Appreciation Day for Adams County, PA Residents with free admission to the Cyclorama, Film and Museum Experience, 8am-5pm

Well, folks, its time for me to get back into the swing of things! A new job and lots of changes have held me back for most of the summer and the start of fall to posting here. Maybe the rainy weather this weekend is a blessing in disguise for me- (I would be out spending time with my horse right now if it wasn't). The kids are sleeping in late this morning and this has given me a chance to reflect on why I started this blog in the first place-to discover and learn about Gettysburg in my own way and at my own pace and document it all as I go.

Every so often I like to look at upcoming events that would be of interest to families-(I think its so important to experience as much as you can together). I know thats what helps me to stay young-seeing the world through my children's eyes. It also helps when you can do it for little or no cost!

Here's a nice little clip about the historical significance of the Cyclorama Painting at the Visitor's Center-(I know it really helps me to have some background about things when I go to visit them.) Don't forget to mark your calendars for November 11! See you there :0)

No comments: