Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What I'm Listening to Now....One of the Most Fantastic Voices I've Ever Heard

An excerpt from her bio reads like this: "Growing up outside of Detroit in a family of musical evangelists, Worden studied multiple instruments (her father is an acclaimed accordionist and mother an organist). She became equally passionate about classical and Motown, later pursuing a degree in Opera at the University of North Texas where she wrote and recorded original material for the first time. After moving to New York by way of Moscow, Worden recorded three albums before joining the ranks of Sufjan Stevens‘ Illinoisemakers. She then expanded her musical education further by studying composition under Padma Newsome (Clogs, The National), and turned out several scores for off-Broadway productions."

I hope you enjoy listening to her as much as I do! Again, I would have never known about this gal without the fantastic programming at NPR.


No comments: