Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011


Yesterday the girls and I attended the funeral of my dear Uncle Al. This was their first time attending such an event. I was conflicted about if I should bring them or not, but after praying about it, I knew it was the right decision. While these things are always very sad and difficult, they are also part of life.

While they had only met their great uncle a couple of times, they were able to hear first-hand about how generous and kind he was from various family members who were eager to share their stories during this time.

These events are always bittersweet and the service was heartbreaking; it was a wonderful tribute to a man who was larger than life and a wonderful role model for everyone who knew him.

I am so thankful that I had the privilege of knowing him and I look forward to when I will see him again.

"Adieu dear comrade
Your mission is fulfill'd."

Adieu to a Soldier, Walt Whitman
Leaves of Grass, 1892

No comments: