Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Sometimes the Simplest Things To Do Are Really The Hardest.....

I have been wanting to take a picture of this barn for years and my youngest finally convinced me one day to just pull over and do it. What have you been putting off? Like the commercial says, "Just do it!"
I have been running past my computer now for over a month with the best intentions of updating the blog. "It will just take a minute to post," I keep telling myself, but then the phone rings, the bickering starts, my dog is whining to be let outside, and all of a sudden I have a pounding migraine and like the tide, life crashes in like a wave and swirls away all evidence of my organized thoughts into somewhere I can only name (very uncreatively I might add,) "THE DEEP UNKNOWN".
I realize, in the grand scheme of things, that posting on a blog is very minute on the list. However, it somehow helps me get centered and I have this romantic notion that somewhere out there, in the wild frontiers of the internet, I am striking a chord with someone. And with everything bad and scary in this world, it gives me a chance to focus and be aware of all that is good and positive around us.

I am starting to feel better already, as I am writing this. Winter is not a very good time for me-I secretly think I suffer from SAD-that thing where you don't get enough sunlight. It seems to me in the summer I feel better, I think I look better...my husband says it's just that I'm getting older, but I refuse to listen, lol. Winter is a time that reminds me of my mortality-all the more reason to try to live in the moment. Try to remember to do something special for yourself today (or very soon) We all need a little more love and happiness, don't we? Why is it so hard for most of us to be good to ourselves? Try to look at it like this: The Lord made us with all His love and attention-we need to honor this extraordinary gift He gave us by taking care of ourselves. I know it's so easy to get caught up in the daily stuff. Believe me, I am saying this as much for myself as I am for anyone. Moving forward, I am going to try my best every day to do better by Him-I hope you will too!

No comments: