Pages

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Before and After


I have a terrible weakness for chairs.

When I saw this one sitting forlornly at the curb one day, I couldn't resist driving back with the van to rescue it. Rick of course silently rolled his eyes heavenward. He tries to be a good sport about my endeavors-I knew I married him for a reason!

A trip to Walmart, some pretty $2.00/yard fabric, a little bit of paint and voila! Instant chic. (I won't tell you about my original intention of trying to paint it first-I mean all; upholstery and everything!) Here was my inspiration. Trust me, it didn't turn out like that, lol. You know it's not working when your kids and husband can't even look you in the eye when they say, "Sure, it looks good, mommy-we've never really seen a painted chair like that, but you did a nice job." I knew at that point the chair was in desperate need of some 911!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, Andi!