Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

In My Other Life...


I would be enjoying a cup of coffee or a cocktail with one of my girlfriends in a little bistro tucked away on a little street somewhere in Paris, wearing the most fashionable clothes, eating good food.
I found a few recipes to set the mood-can you hear the accordian music playing? (Warning-this is not for the diet conscious-meant to be enjoyed as if you didn't have a care in the world!)

Spiced Coffee with Cream

2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
heavy cream
lemon peel
Whip the butter until it is fluffy and then add brown sugar and spices. Mix until well blended. Add a tablespoon of this mixture to the bottom of a mug, fill with strong, hot coffee and cream. Stir until the consistency is just right. "If you want to add a bit of spirit to the coffee, may I suggest a good cognac". May I suggest sipping a cup while perusing this fabulous blog: Design Sponge.

I forgot to mention, since we're on the topic of drinks, I'm on a mission to find a bottle of Lillet with this fabulous label. Here's a cocktail I would love to try in the very near future:
(Love the name!)

James Bond Martini

3 oz gin
1 oz vodka
1/2 oz Lillet® Blanc wine
Pour the gin, vodka and Lillet blanc into a cocktail shaker half-filled with cracked ice. Shake well, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with a twist of lemon, and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments: